Membership & Support > Support the ACYC > Donate to ACYC
Thank you for your on-going support of The Arts Center of Yates County.
Supporting the Arts Center of Yates County
As a nonprofit organization, our ability to offer opportunities for active participation in the arts to area residents, artists, and visitors is highly dependent upon the ongoing involvement of our many friends. We offer our deepest thanks to members and other donors who so generously support the Center, and to volunteers who give of their time and talents.
In addition, many members make other special contributions to the Center. Contributions support operations at the Main Street Arts Center and Flick Gallery and at the Keuka Lake Sunny Point location, programs such as creative workshops for all levels and interests, and other special events like poetry readings, children's activities, and more! We invite you to play a vital role in our ongoing mission to provide quality affordable programs to our community and its visitors by becoming a member of the Arts Center. If you wish to make a gift to the Arts Center, or include ACYC in your estate planning, you may donate directly to ACYC or via NYCharities.org .(click the "Donate Now" button)
You may further support ACYC through other contributions:
Gifts to honor a birthday or other special event
Donations for capital improvements
Instructional workshop scholarships
We are a volunteer driven organization and rely on those who donate their time and talents as docents, board and committee members, and as events staff. We invite you to join us as a volunteer by providing your name and contact information: email address and/or phone number here.
Create a Legacy through Planned Giving
You may want to consider providing for an investment in the future of the Arts Center of Yates County while meeting your current personal, family, and financial needs. Through planned giving, you can provide meaningful remembrance of a loved one who appreciated the arts, and perhaps enjoy specific tax advantages, often allowing you to make larger gifts than you thought possible.
The following are examples of planned gifts:
1. Contribute to the Arts Center of Yates County (ACYC) through a Gift of Cash or Other Items of Value: Appreciated stock, paid-up life insurance policies, land, buildings, art, or other property are viable endowment gifts with possible tax advantages.
2. Endow a Memorial Fund: Make a charitable gift to the ACYC in honor of an important person of event in your life with an unrestricted gift or to support a specific project.
3. Include a Bequest in your Will: You may specify a fixed amount or a percentage of your estate, or include the ACYC as a contingent beneficiary in your will, retirement life insurance programs.
4. Invest in a Donor Advised Fund: Ask your investment advisor or contact ACYC for information on establishing a fund from which you may make investments which grow tax-free as long as the funds are used for charitable contributions. Establish annual contributions and a bequest portion to be given to ACYC.
5. List ACYC as Beneficiary in your Tax-Vulnerable Qualified Plans
6. Set up a Charitable Lead Trust or Charitable Remainder Trust
Please note that we encourage you to talk with your tax advisor and legal representative about the above types of giving. We look forward to working together with you and your advisors.
ACYC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and all contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For further information, please contact us at the Arts Center by email or by calling 315-5368226.